<body>

Y



all about this dreamer

This is a public blog of mine. Frequent posting is not expected.

Capricious Chu Er/21F
she is someone who..



~is a typical aquarian

~is extremely fragile

~plans ahead

~is extremely emotional and sensitive

~can be unforgiving(or rather would avoid)to people who use harsh,insensitive or/& irresponisible words on her

~is quite independent

~has high determination

~is simple yet complicated and deep

~can get very impulsive if anything goes out of her way

~does not express her real feelings/thoughts well

~spends a lot of time in her own thoughts

~usually means it when she mentions something for twice or more regardless of whether she says it in a serious or joking manner



~certainly feels very pissed off when one tries to act as if he/she understands her very well when it is not at all!

~certainly cannot stand people who commend about her behaviour when they are also doing the same thing!

~hates to be accused by people especially with no good reason!

~hates last minute work and/or work with no efforts put in!

~hates to be late


~wishes to get freedom soon

~wishes life is smoother than before

~wishes to be a good presenter/speaker

~wishes that her future is what she wants to persue



Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Tagboard





Links

My Photo album



Recent posts


Previous posts


August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
December 2011
February 2012
July 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
March 2013
April 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
March 2014
June 2014
October 2014



Credits

Designer: Edna
Base codes: Tammy
Brushes: Inobscuro, At0mica, Echoica, Veredgf, Puzzle
Fonts: Dafont
Image: Deviantart
Image Host: Photobucket
Others: Adobe Photoshop CS


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com




Monday, July 22, 2013




Retirement Funds

I remember some peeps were bemused when I mentioned that I have started saving for my retirement. Oh, the comments surrounding me are always related to being too practical or too rational when I spoke from experience or the experience of others I spoke to. Recently, due to the nature of my work (healthcare), I could not emphasize enough how important it is to be properly insured (One of my previous jobs required me to read and study insurance policies. Due to the knowledge gained through it, I think it would be helpful to get some friends to buy insurance (from their agent). I care for them so much that I told them I could sit through the entire presentation with them to ensure they buy what they need but not buy what the agents could earn. Hahaha.) Sometimes seeing how people spend their money or handle their finances, I wish I could tie some people up and force them to sit with me when I counsel those patients to know the seriousness of not planning for YOUR retirement. 

What I meant by having a proper retirement is – being properly insured, having a savings plan (even an amount of $100/month is good too – hey, if you could spend the money on unnecessary stuffs, surely you could set some aside for these), and having money in your bank (the ‘untouchable’ fund).

At this point, some peeps may think that I am cash-rich which I beg to differ. My targeted age to retire is not the national retirement age but 60. In order to do so especially where everything gets more expensive and inflation increases by each day, we need to start saving from young. Failure to do so will result in retiring at a later age as there is insufficient funds to survive without a job. If you do not think I make sense, then good luck to you while I retire at 60 and you continue to work till 70 (unless you are so damn lucky to receive inheritance from your family). The trick is to be disciplined and stick to your budget.  Before you buy something that is not part of your routine, ask yourself if you need it or want it. If you want it, reconsider if it is worth buying. If you insist on buying all the wants, you would never be able to save a decent sum of money. I have to admit that I am one of the few rational shoppers/ spenders out there, hence it is difficult to convince me to buy anything unless I need it. Hahaha. 

The bottom line is, yes, you have no clue what would happen tomorrow. But why wait till something happens before you could have done something about it? To encourage people to save, I wish I could give a speech (with enough supported evidence on the consequences of insufficient savings) on this, really. I know it sounds very, very silly but...you should talk to those patients who want to live longer yet they have financial difficulties that cause them to live in hell everyday. Every cent accumulates to a lump sum of money, one day. 

To those who still continue to think you could depend on your children for your retirement, the chances are, you might be disappointed especially when they have their own life too. I believe they would help you in their best ability. My point is, if you could depend on yourself, you should do it instead of putting pressure on them which strains relationships, isn't it?



I dreamnt of you at 7/22/2013 10:55:00 PM