<body>

Y



all about this dreamer

This is a public blog of mine. Frequent posting is not expected.

Capricious Chu Er/21F
she is someone who..



~is a typical aquarian

~is extremely fragile

~plans ahead

~is extremely emotional and sensitive

~can be unforgiving(or rather would avoid)to people who use harsh,insensitive or/& irresponisible words on her

~is quite independent

~has high determination

~is simple yet complicated and deep

~can get very impulsive if anything goes out of her way

~does not express her real feelings/thoughts well

~spends a lot of time in her own thoughts

~usually means it when she mentions something for twice or more regardless of whether she says it in a serious or joking manner



~certainly feels very pissed off when one tries to act as if he/she understands her very well when it is not at all!

~certainly cannot stand people who commend about her behaviour when they are also doing the same thing!

~hates to be accused by people especially with no good reason!

~hates last minute work and/or work with no efforts put in!

~hates to be late


~wishes to get freedom soon

~wishes life is smoother than before

~wishes to be a good presenter/speaker

~wishes that her future is what she wants to persue



Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Tagboard





Links

My Photo album



Recent posts


Previous posts


August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
December 2011
February 2012
July 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
March 2013
April 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
March 2014
June 2014
October 2014



Credits

Designer: Edna
Base codes: Tammy
Brushes: Inobscuro, At0mica, Echoica, Veredgf, Puzzle
Fonts: Dafont
Image: Deviantart
Image Host: Photobucket
Others: Adobe Photoshop CS


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com




Saturday, November 09, 2013




Conflicting Motivating Factors to Work (hard)

For the past few years, I complained about the tiring routine of working in the day time and studying at night and over the weekend. Despite that, I was pretty driven to work and study hard since I needed my salary from my full-time job to pay my school fees and various expenses, and that holding a degree is essential in the society now. You see, it was obvious where the sources of motivation came from.

However, now that I only need to concentrate on a full-time job, I lost my drive. Other than the fact that we need an income to survive, it is challenging to find any other motivating factors to work hard. You may be holding a job that is of your dream but other factors such as politics and obstacles might rob the love and interest off you over time. Gradually, we would be asking ourselves if work is where we chase our dreams or where we acquire power and fame. Basically, it is self-questioning process.

With the increasing trend of spend-first-consider-later, many of us are waivered by this, hence follow suit. People like me who have witnessed and experienced the disastrous of having insufficient savings and retirement funds, hold a strong belief in saving enough for emergency and future. Well, I admit that I am one of the rare ones who is still standing strong. Due to the lack of planning and saving, I had to undergo the pain of giving up on my youth (only those who have gone through the same would understand the agony of wanting to be a full time student who could enjoy a proper school life. Occasionally, I cried when I saw students enjoying school activities when I spent my youth at work) and starving myself practically every day just so that I could complete my education. As such, going through the same again would be a nightmare.I am tired of managing the consequences.

When I was younger, friends were comfortable to gather at a hawker centre for the monthly or regular gathering. However, over the years, it has become a trend to dine in restaurants instead. What has happened to the society? Would dining at a hawker center rather than a restaurant compromise the quality of the gathering? I suspect that one of the reasons for doing so is so that they could seize the opportunity to take photos and post them on various social media websites for attention thereafter. In the past, dining at restaurants was once in a blue moon. Frankly, I have declined many such outings as I could not afford to lead such a lifestyle. By following the current trend would compromise my savings plans and lifestyle in the later part of my life. Having such a strong determination to do so is not by choice or chance but a conscious effort. Undoubtedly, by doing so, it may cause the loss of friendships since my friends and I hardly see each other, hence weaker bonding between us. I may be too rational but should anything happen to me or should I need an emergency fund, there is no one for me to turn to but only myself. Every month, I tell myself that I want to spend on something which I want as a way to reward myself. To-date, that day has never arrived. I think if everyone is agreeable to eat hawker centre for a month, I would be able to achieve that. Since this is not possible, I doubt that it will be achievable any time soon.

Working, spending very wisely, and saving hard is the only way in ensuring that the same would not occur again is a tiring process. I guess I need to search for a motivating factor to work (hard). Do you need to do the same too?

Nevertheless, despite the higher commitment to work due to the society we are in, many working parents especially the mothers are forced to manage between work and family. Honestly, after work, I would be too tired to entertain anyone or anything that requires any extra bit of energy from me. Doing housework is already a challenge, hence I am really impressed with these people.

Many a times, the society blames the ‘Strawberry’ aka ‘Y’ Generation for expecting a salary that is too much for their qualification and experience. Before they make any accusation, have they thought that everything gets more expensive by each year yet the amount of salary they offer us remains stagnant or is slightly (say, $100 more) - depending on the position - compared to the previous years? In addition, while we are all responsible for our expenses and retirement funds, we are also in a ‘sandwich’ generation. The term ‘sandwich’ generation came about as people in our era are required to pay for our children’s education (since promoting ‘setting up a family’ campaign is widespread these days) AND also provide enough for our parents’ allowance. There are too many one-sided articles stating that children provide too little for their parents, hence they are accused of being not filial. May I say that we are an equivalent to a Money-making machine?  And, may I also add that if parents think that the more their children provide (financially), the more filial they are, is a sign of being practical? If our own parents are so practical, how can we blame the society for being practical? Besides, shouldn't we provide them within our means? It is not fair that the youngsters are subject to such unfair judgment.

Take a walk in the Psychological wards in the hospitals and you will be amazed (or, bemused) by the number of young people who are under depression.

I am pretty sure that many young couples want to set up their own family but looking at how much is expected of them, who would not be apprehensive of this idea?

The society blames us for not providing (enough) allowance to our parents, hence being not filial to them. But, with the costs of EVERYTHING increasing, who is helping us? In addition, in the first place, shouldn’t EVERYONE be responsible for their own retirement funds? Since they did not plan well enough, why do their children need to be responsible for providing them with enough allowance to survive? As children, we could try our best to help. But, one should not forget that all have their own family to pay for.

If you take a look at the banners, the maximum per capita income per household to qualify for financial assistance remains the same or increases slightly more yearly despite of the HIGH inflation rates. (I know it pretty well as I used to get financial assistance when I was still a student.)  Frankly, many of us are required to work so as to foot for our own expenses, utility bills, insurance, etc. and save for the rainy days. As such, does it mean that lesser and lesser people are being helped by each year since it is very easy to be over-qualified for such assistance? Without a job, you would most likely be in a state of poverty. And, without any savings, when any crisis strikes, you would be in a state of helplessness.

Just my two cents worth. 




I dreamnt of you at 11/09/2013 12:39:00 PM